Hi, Brett Gilio writes: > I have a dual monitor setup for my workstation I use Guix on. The Slim > DM is quite nice for me, and i'd theoretically like to remain with > it. However, I am having trouble with the way Slim is treating the > dual-monitor display. I never tried a dual monitor (dual head) setup "since display manager" [1] so I'm just reflecting here have you configured xorg for dual head? Archlinux wiki have a simple example: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Multihead#Configuration_using_xorg.conf I think you should adapt it to your needs ("xrandr -q" to show each monitor ID) and use an extra-config in GuixSD xorg-configuration-file as shown in this example (raplace bepo-evdev with your dual monitor section definition): https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/X-Window.html#index-xorg_002dconfiguration_002dfile [...] > I checked the documentation for Slim to see if this is written on, and I > did not find anything. I don't know if SliM can start a custom display setup script, I found this gist for Lightdm: https://gist.github.com/ciarand/8592193 maybe it could be adapted for SliM anyway, using the xorg configuration explained above should be better Ciao Giovanni [1] I just used dual head on laptop via xrandr commands, after "sigle headed" display manager -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures