Emmanuel, Emmanuel Medernach 写道: > Surely because I am using a foreign distro You're right (of course). After installing Guix on a foreign distribution: $ findmnt /gnu/store $ A simple $ sudo mount -o bind,ro /gnu/store /gnu/store fixes it for me, so it's not due to SELinux/AppArmour/… restrictions, and presumably the daemon just didn't bother. I freely admit to not knowing the daemon as well as the rest of Guix. Chalk one up to ‘foreign distroes and C++ are strange & scary to nckx’ — especially after this discovery. But has this always been the case? Kind regards, T G-R