unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* xlockmore man pages
@ 2020-12-02  8:42 André Alexandre Gomes
From: André Alexandre Gomes @ 2020-12-02  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

First of all, thank you, I'm a happy user :)

I noticed that xlockmore exists in my /gnu/store, since it's part of
%desktop-services.  When I look at all packages installed in the system
(M-x guix-installed-system-packages), it's not there.  I think this is
the reason why I can't access the man pages of xlockmore without
installing it on my user profile.

I had a similar experience with xorg-server---again not listed in
the system packages.

My questions:

- is this is "bug or a feature"?

- are there other more "comfortable" ways to access the man pages of
such packages?

Notice that packages like elogind (that are only installed on the
system) allow me to access man pages from my user profile.

Thank you.

--
André Alexandre Gomes
"Free Thought, Free World"