unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Installing file outside package in /etc
@ 2021-04-24  9:30 phodina via
From: phodina via @ 2021-04-24  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

I'm creating a package for application which needs to install file outside of the derivation directory.

The file in question is /etc/sudoers.d but it can be generalized for other things like udev etc. I understand this won't be trivial since it modifies the system and will probably require some wrapper with higher privileges. However, I could not find any section in the Guix reference Manual.

The file is installed in the install phase. Is it the right phase or shall I use different? If so how do I patch it?

Also if I compare the contents of GuixSD to NixOS, then the NixOS has more files linked to /etc/static/ which then links to /nix/store. Could somebody please explain what were/are the thoughts behind this?

Kind regards
Petr Hodina