Hi Pierre, Pierre Neidhardt writes: > linux-libre turns off the ability to load non-free firmware. Why is > it so? I did a little bit of searching on the Internet, and it seems to me like the reason why Linux-libre turns off the ability to load non-free firmware is because the project does not want to induce you to use non-free software. For details, you may find this article and the linked email threads interesting: "The trouble with firmware" by Jake Edge, January 5, 2011 https://lwn.net/Articles/421680/ > Is it possible to re-enable the feature? My understanding is that discussions about how to use non-free software are not allowed on the GNU Guix email lists. We're happy to help you figure out how to solve your problems using free software, though! > If not, are there other ways around the issue? As Ludo mentioned elsewhere, using a dongle is one good option. What prevents you from using a dongle? Another option is to find a system that respects your freedom and does not require proprietary software to run. I have a LibreBoot laptop I purchased from MiniFree, and I love it! I know that purchasing a replacement computer that respects your freedom can seem like an expensive option, but if you have the money, then it's an option: https://minifree.org/ You may also be interested in looking at: https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom -- Chris