unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu>
To: "Todor Kondić" <tk.code@protonmail.com>
Cc: "help-guix\\\\@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Certificate problem with curl, though icecat works
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 12:26:23 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Totor,

Todor Kondić <tk.code@protonmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> I'm going to open a bug report upstream (gnutls), thanks for your
>> report.

This is the bug report https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1062

I checked other OCSP issues and I did not understand if this is already
fixed in latest GnuTLS releases

> Thanks for confirming this!

(Y)

> I pulled the newest Guix and updated gnutls and that did not solve the
> issue.

Me too, but…

I'm not explicitly installing gnutls in my profile (via manifest), I'm just installing
curl and in that profile I get:

giovanni@roquette: gnutls-cli --version
gnutls-cli 3.6.7
Copyright (C) 2000-2020 Free Software Foundation, and others, all rights reserved.
This is free software. It is licensed for use, modification and
redistribution under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Please send bug reports to:  <bugs@gnutls.org>

But:

giovanni@roquette: curl --version
curl 7.71.0 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.71.0 GnuTLS/3.6.14 zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.3.0 nghttp2/1.41.0
Release-Date: 2020-06-24
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-API HTTP2 HTTPS-proxy IDN IPv6 Kerberos Largefile libz NTLM NTLM_WB SPNEGO SSL TLS-SRP UnixSockets

curl should use gnutls 3.6.14... I should double check my profile update

I'll report as soon as I understand what's happening

Thanks, Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures