* help with packaging a common lisp software
@ 2021-02-15 18:46 cage
From: cage @ 2021-02-15 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

I am trying to package this software:

https://notabug.org/cage/tinmop/

The program is written  in common lisp and it uses  both ASDF to build
the executable image (using SBCL compiler) and GNU autotools (for i18n
files, data files and installation).

I  am  struggling to  make  guix  build the  package,  if  i uses  the
gnu-build-system make  fails because SBCL  complains that it  can not
find ASDF.

But if i switch to asdf-build-system  i can compile the image (but not
the  executable) and  i fail  to  call make  (using `(invoke  "make"))
adding a  phase (i tried to  insert that "make" phase  after or before
several standard phases without luck.

I have no clue, given that i am  a novice both in guix and guile, i am
attaching here the  package definition file hoping  that someone could
give me suggestions to fix the issue.

The  package   define  several  other  libraries   needed,  seems  the
definition for them are working fine.

Bye and thanks in advance.
C.

[-- Attachment #2: tinmop-guix.scm --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-screencam, Size: 18533 bytes --]

* Re: help with packaging a common lisp software
@ 2021-02-15 21:03 ` cage
From: cage @ 2021-02-15 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 07:46:20PM +0100, cage wrote:

Hi!

> I am trying to package this software:
>
> https://notabug.org/cage/tinmop/

I kept working on  the file and with the help of a  friand of mine and
insipred by  the stumpwm definition  package i managed  to succeffully
compile the executable!

But now the  only problem is generate and install  (via autootols) the
manpage, the system configuration file and the i18n files.

I am  attaching the updated  package definition file.  Looking forward
for suggestions! :)

Bye!
C.

[-- Attachment #2: tinmop-guix.scm --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-screencam, Size: 21062 bytes --]

* Re: help with packaging a common lisp software
@ 2021-02-20 11:18   ` cage
From: cage @ 2021-02-20 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 10:03:02PM +0100, cage wrote:

Hi!

With help from many people i managed to build the package!

But there is  a single issue left, this program  uses ncurses for TUI,
when built with  guix it fails to render properly  the character. This
problem does not arises when compiling the software on the same machine
but without guix.

I would be glad if some one could confirm the issue on their machine.

To reproduce the problem just, after  the program starts, type ">" and
then type an  accented letter or even backspace, the  line will be all
messed up after typing.

Thank in advance!
C.

[-- Attachment #2: tinmop-guix.scm --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-screencam, Size: 23786 bytes --]

* Re: help with packaging a common lisp software
@ 2021-02-20 13:27     ` Guillaume Le Vaillant
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant @ 2021-02-20 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cage; +Cc: help-guix