Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Hi Phil, > >> But there is conflicting advice over what packages should or shouldn't >> be installed typically some combinaton of: >> texlive-base, texlive-bin, texlive-latex-base, texlive-latext-font >> >> The latest advice seems to be the only texlive-base should be necessary >> and installing others will cause an issue - with that in mind I >> attempted the below, but got a new failure. > > “texlive-base” is certainly not sufficient for any real world LaTeX > document. It contains what LaTeX developers consider the base set of > files (i.e. texlive-latex-base), texlive-bin (which provides the > executables), and LaTeX packages from the “required” set. this is what I use: https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/vorlesung-verteilte-systeme/browse/guix.scm (propagated-inputs `( ("python-pyzmq" ,python-pyzmq) ("python" ,python) ("which" ,which) ("emacs" ,emacs) ("texlive" ,texlive) ("graphviz" ,graphviz) ("plantuml" ,plantuml) ("python-pygments" ,python-pygments) ;; for ditaa ("openjdk" ,openjdk14) )) Some of these are only necessary for source-blocks. In addition to that a ton of fonts (all fonts guix has). Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken