unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How to point nushell to guix profile
@ 2024-10-16  3:21 Abdullah Imad via
From: Abdullah Imad via @ 2024-10-16  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hey,

After doing a guix pull, nushell doesn't seem to respect the current profile, and the advice with sourcing the current profile doesn't work with nu syntax. Does anyone know how to get it to work? Currently, I'm having to use bash as a fallback, but I would love to login with nushell.

Thanks,
Abdullah Imad

* Re: How to point nushell to guix profile
@ 2024-10-20 16:54 ` Felix Lechner via
From: Felix Lechner via @ 2024-10-20 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abdullah Imad via; +Cc: Abdullah Imad

Hi Abdullah,

On Wed, Oct 16 2024, Abdullah Imad via wrote:

> nushell doesn't seem to respect the current profile

How does that preclude you from using nushell as a login shell, please?
Doesn't the lack of a profile merely mean you can't run any executables?

Kind regards
Felix