Jonathan Frederickson writes: > This despite the fact that I'm working on a copy of Guix that I've > already compiled with 'make' and that has the compiled copy alongside > the source. This has been a source of headaches for me too. I like to run Geiser to hack my Guix checkout. But if I forget to compile a (big) scheme file, geiser will grind to a halt when switching to a module that depends on the uncompiled file. Something weird: If I repeat the module switch, Geiser still takes ages to do it, as if it didn't persist the .go files (normally in ~/.cache/guile/ccache?) In my understanding, the solution here is to run `guix environment guix -- make` all the time. Maybe I'll add an override for geiser-mode-switch-to-repl-and-enter that compiles Guix automatically. Any other tip? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/