Katherine Cox-Buday writes: > To try and side-step the aforementioned issues with Guix's bundling > code, I tried using the compile-bundle-op operation and a few others, > and none of them worked with package-inferred systems. I believe I did > some research and found that there was some esoteric reason these > operations didn't work with package-inferred systems. I would be > delighted if they did. I had a discussion with upstream ASDF: if I recall correctly, compile-bundle-op is not (easily) compatible with package-inferred style. Anyways, we should not use compile-bundle-op: this would solve so many issues, including this one. > We do need to overhaul how we package Common Lisp software in general. > Regardless of whether the functionality we're discussing works, I think > we have many more "standard" options for laying out packages and fasls > on disk. We might want to consider looking closely at what Quicklisp > does and see if we can't map that onto the store. Quicklisp does not compile the Lisp files: it's roughly equivalent to our cl-* packages. So there is not much to learn from Quicklisp because what we want here is provide pre-compiled packages. And thanks for your numerous contributions! :) Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/