On 2022-05-04, ryan wrote: > I would like to build a disk image for a Cubox-i variant that I have, > it currently has nothing on it. Which variant? You'll really want one of the 4GB ram variants... it will be slow regardless; there are very few substitutes available for armhf at the moment, so you'll have to build almost everything yourself. Even with offloading builds to a faster machine, it's likely going to be a bit slow for some things (you still have to compute what you're asking the other machine to build for you). > If setup guix on my x86_64 > device/laptop using the guided installer, can I build it from there > easily using the instructions here?: > https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html Not sure the installer is supported for armhf yet... > I also see there is a binary tarball, but not sure what to do with it? You could use the binary tarball to install guix on another OS as a "foreign distro" installation, and then proceed to use "guix system init YOURCONFIG.scm" to install Guix System. > or am I jumping ahead? I see that uboot in guix is available for the > cubox-i, but I am not sure where I need to start? I did some basic testing when I added it some years ago, but haven't maintained any cubox-i family systems with guix... > Any help with getting guix setup on the armvh device would be most > useful and appreciated. It will definitely be a project; if you're primarily interested in learning about armhf and are already familiar with guix and want to learn more about the gritty details... it might be a good project. If you just want something that will work easily... it will likely be pretty frustrating. Good luck! live well, vagrant