unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Japanese / CJK characters don't display properly on gdm login
@ 2022-05-15 17:00 白い熊
From: 白い熊 @ 2022-05-15 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello all.

I set my system to Japanese - I think properly. I've set (locale
"ja_JP.utf8") in system.scm and installed some CJK fonts. Then ran
'fc-cache -f'.

Now all is set fine - even GRUB boot menu is in Japanese, all apps
render Japanese text properly - however the gdm login screen is set to
Japanese too, apparently it displays a Japanese welcome message -
however all the characters are just rendered as boxes - meaning gdm is
using some font that doesn't have the Japanese glyphs.

Anyone have an idea how I could fix this?

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem /
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma