zimoun writes: > Therefore, since the 2 profiles could be seen as independent, I do not > know if it is possible to really improve here; by design. > > The first pull could be long and resource hungry but the second one > should be a bit quicker. Well, it depends on how many commits are done > in the meantime (between the 2 pulls). Maybe there is a misunderstanding: the first pull happens on the installation media, thus it disappears when I reboot on the installed system. What I think we should do is that when we run `guix system init`, we would copy the checkout to the store, and then when `guix pull` is run the first time on the newly installed system, it would get the git repo from the store and optionally fetch the remaining git commits if there is any. Thoughts? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/