Ricardo Wurmus writes: > We are building library for library as individual packages in Guix. We > certainly won’t bundle prebuilt jars from Maven if it can be avoided > at all. Does this mean that you have a GUIX package for every jar? If so, can you have multiple versions of the same jar installed at the same time? Support for multiple versions of a library will be necessary as it is not always a simple case of bumping the version to use a library: many libraries introduce breaking changes at both source and binary level. Will you be using the same version names as the official upstream binaries? I strongly recommend against doing this. The convention in corporate environments is that rebuilds of jars incur a postfix to their version. E.g. a rebuild of guava 18.0 (even with no changes to the sources) would be 18.0-guix1. Of course, there is no way for you to know that jars are not being loaded by name at runtime through the classloader, so you introduce further opportunity for bugs here. -- Best regards, Sam