vapnik spaknik writes: > Could this be due to running "sudo guix pull" or "sudo -i guix pull"? Did you run `sudo guix pull`? If so, you should probably not! :) > Also, what determines which profile symlinks are placed in /var/guix/gcroots/auto? I read elsewhere that these symlinks will be automatically removed as soon as any of them are broken. See my other email. `guix package --profile=...` is one of the commands that creates auto GC roots. > In my case that directory only contains symlinks to /var/guix/profiles/per-user/*/current-guix* symlinks, one of which is missing (/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix-1-link), and there is another link to ~/.config/guix/current-1-link which itself links directly to a profile in /gnu/store > > I suspect that the previously mentioned anomalies are the reason why "guix pull" fails for me with the following error when run as : > >> guix pull: error: symlink: File exists: "/var/guix/profiles/per-user//current-guix-1-link" > > and which may have been caused by interrupting a "guix pull". The symlinking operations should be atomic, thus this can not happen. I suspect that your error is due to calling `sudo guix pull`. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/