Daniel Meißner writes: […] > Was this behaviour somehow changed to only accept file-like objects? Yes, no strings anymore. Sorry about breaking your configuration, but guix home still under development as the manual says. I do not think similar breaking will happen in the future. > I quite liked the string options because for simple aliases there is > no need for a file-like object. WDYT? It's already discussed at https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50967 (shortly in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50967#42 ) and guix-devel mailing list. > 1: See info "(guix) Shells Home Services" under "Bash home service" Ouch, it should be changed accordingly to the current behaviour.