Actually maybe we could generalize both features into one. What's the difference between the two approaches? - `guix develop' takes a path and guesses the manifest spec filename. - `guix install-manifest' takes a manifest spec filename as argument. What about supporting both? It's easy, we simply need to check if the argument is a folder or not. David that the manifest be installed to ~/.guix-develop-profile. I suggest instead that we all manifest have their own folder, e.g. according to their path. For example - foo/bar/manifest.scm -> ~/.guix-extra-profiles/foo/bar - foo2/bar/manifest.scm -> ~/.guix-extra-profiles/foo2/bar This way the user needs not worry that the profiles get overwritten. David suggested that the command automatically activated the profile. To achieve this would could implement `guix environment --profile /path/to/profile', and `guix develop` would run this automatically in the background. Thoughts? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/