Emmanuel Medernach writes: > Hello Guixers ! > > I created an image with 'guix system vm-image' > which contains local defined packages. These > packages are present on the Virtual Machine > however they are not listed with 'guix package > --list-installed'. 'guix package -I' only lists packages that are installed to the user profile. Use 'guix package -p /run/current-system/profile -I' to see system-installed packages. > As I need to customize > LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I use "guix build" to list store > directories from package names but it tries > instead to recompile them even though they are > already installed. The reason 'guix build foo' gives a different result is because you have not run 'guix pull', so you are using the "guix snapshot" from gnu/packages/package-management.scm, which is on a fixed commit. Whereas when you built the VM, you were likely using a newer version of Guix. > How to properly export local definitions in the > virtual machine image ? There are a couple of ways around this. One is to run 'make update-guix-package' in the Guix source tree to update the Guix snapshot, and use './pre-inst-env' when generating the VM. It requires a Guix development setup though. Another is to look at the commit that was used to generate the VM in /run/current-system/provenance and run 'guix pull --commit=that-commit'. Perhaps 'guix system vm-image' could learn a '--update-guix-snapshot' to automatically update the "system guix". Someone would have to implement it first though. :-) HTH, Marius