Katherine Cox-Buday skribis: > Sometime recently, the way Common Lisp code is compiled was changed (for > the better, I think), and now my StumpWM contrib modules won't load. > Here's why: > > StumpWM looks[1] for .asd files to determine what is a module. Guix's > Common Lisp build system used to combine an entire system into a single > .fasl file and then produce a .asd file for loading it. Now -- as far as > I can tell -- it looks like `lib/common-lisp/sbcl` is more like the > Common Lisp cache: one .fasl file per .lisp file. > > If I point StumpWM at `lib/common-lisp/sbcl` via `set-module-dir`, it > finds no modules. If I point StumpWM at `share/common-lisp/sbcl`, it > finds modules, tries to compile them, and then gives me a permissions > error about writing to the `/gnu` store. > > Is anyone using StumpWM contrib modules successfully with Guix's new > layout? How? > > [1] - https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/blob/master/module.lisp#L70 Hi, In my StumpWM init file, I use '(asdf:load-system ...)' instead of '(load-module ...)' to load the contrib modules that are installed in my Guix profile, and it works. I'll see if I can find a combination 'set-module-dir' and 'add-to-load-path' that makes the 'load-module' function work correctly...