Stefan, Stefan Huchler 写道: > When I try to redefine the udev-service like described in [0] [...] > I get following error: /etc/config.scm: [...] That's not what [0] describes, is it? It illustrates some service concepts, using real code as example. It doesn't imply that the example code can or should be added to a system configuration. >> That module does not export udev-shepherd-service AFAICT. > And which does, Nobody: (gnu services base) defines udev-shepherd-service but does not export it. It's not intended to be API, nor do I think it needs to be. You might be able to use (@@ (gnu services base) udev-shepherd-service), which forces the module to give up its secrets. It's not good style, and it won't always work but often does. > and why does guix cli interface claim it would do that, > with it's hint? Because it's naive. See and - please! - beat me to a fix ;-) Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Service-Types-and-Services.html