unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Full Disk Encryption
@ 2020-12-21  8:54 sullentrapdoor
From: sullentrapdoor @ 2020-12-21  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! I was happy to see that lvm support was recently added to Guix
System. This brings two questions.

The documentation is not clear on what LVM can even be used for at the
moment. In the file `/gnu/tests/install.scm` from Guix, it mentions
"guix currently doesn't allow root-on-LVM". I do not see a mention of
this anywhere else in the documentation. I am not sure if this is true
and if it, why it is true. Will support for "root-on-LVM" come soon?

If the above situation is possible, I would like to install Guix System
with full disk encryption. Currently, I have two partitions on my disk,
one the EFI and the other one a LUKS partition with LVM. On LVM I have a
root, home, and swap partition. Is there any way at the moment that I
can simply install Guix System to my root partition without modifying my
luks/lvm setup?

Thank you!