Alexander, Alexander Asteroth 写道: > When the system is restarted and I try to access cups via > localhost:631, > after clicking on some (admin) link to add a printer (or > similar) it > takes 2minutes (exactly) for the page to show up. In > /var/log/cups/access_log and .../error_log numerrous repeated > entries This sounds like the bug long fixed on core-updates (‘any day now’ :-) that hasn't made it to master yet[0]. A simple $ sudo touch /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to create the file in question should work around it for now. Maybe remember to delete it post-c-u-merge, or don't; an empty file doesn't waste much space. > I have also another problem related to my printer wich is a > Samsung > SCX-472x-series (accessed over ethernet). On openprinting.org > the > suggested driver is > (https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Samsung/Samsung-SCX-472x) > from > Samsung. So far I used it on debian and arch and it worked > perfect, but > I thik it's non-GPL. OpenPrinting claims that it's ‘MIT’ but a brief search didn't lead me to anything resembling source code. Samsung's printer division being absorbed by HP doesn't help. > I can import only the ppd file for my printer but this refers to > some > filter Yeah, PPD files are just metadata files for actual printers/drivers and downloading them separately is usually pointless. > Any idea how to prodeed to get my printing working? Not really, I'm afraid. The only Samsung laser printers I've ever used with Guix worked fine with SpliX. It does not provide a rastertospl filter, only rastertoqpdl. The most likely path forward is to find the sources to the pxlmono{-Samsung,} package if they exist. I started packaging the Ghostscript Printer Application this week, which we'll need when CUPS removes support for printer drivers completely. I'll check whether it contains anything relevant when I get back. I'm not hopeful. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/42068#0