Maxim Cournoyer writes: > Hi, > > [...] > >>> > But, why is the message is shown? Can someone remove it? It would >>> > probably be better that I myself clone the repo, fix it and send the >>> > patch, but my hard disk space isn't allowing me to do that. Is it >>> > possible disable that message by modifing any Guix configuration file? >> >>> Like Simon, I do not see why the autoloads-related messages are a >>> problem; they only occur when starting Emacs from scratch. If you have >>> so many packages that the loading time or loading messages bothers you, >>> you may want to consider running Emacs as a server and connecting to it >>> via emacsclient; that way you load it once when you login to your >>> session for example and that's it. >> >>> For what it's worth, the messages are not printed by that custom Guix >>> Elisp code explicitly but by the Emacs function `load', on line 59 of >>> guix-emacs.el: (load f 'noerror). If it really bothers you could change >>> it to: >> >>> (load f 'noerror 'nomessage) >> >>> Hope that helps, >> >>> Maxim >> >> >> The messages also appear when viewing the *Async-native-compile-log* when Emacs is native compiling packages. And the all of the "loading packages" messages are repeated before /each/ package that is compiled. > > That's not with the Emacs in Guix I guess, since we do not yet have > native compilation enabled. But it seems like the problem here is not > the printing of the messages, but why when natively compiling packages > it would cause all the packages to be reloaded for each package... which > is crazy. > > Maxim But why Emacs isn't built with native compilation support? Any technical issue or just someone hasn't done it yet? -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5