Hi, Tobias! Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > Dmitry Matveyev 写道: >> /gnu/store/ch9q9w5zbvgq8srr6dscq6hdf03pfqb4-grub-efi-2.06… > > Note the ‘-efi’. > >> …/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh > > Note the ‘i386-pc’, i.e., non-UEFI. > > This GRUB thinks it's installing in BIOS/CSM mode, but was not built to support > this, and fails. > > Is the ‘minimal ISO image’ booted in UEFI mode, that is, does /sys/firmware/efi > exist there? > > If so, is the ESP actually mounted at /boot/efi? It was indeed not booted in the UEFI mode, as I gathered from Vultr's tutorial[1] on installing Gentoo, the volumes should use MBR anyway, so my attempt to use both UEFI for ISO image and installation failed as well. [1]: https://www.vultr.com/docs/installing-gentoo-linux-on-a-vultr-server/ I have changed both ISO and deploy config to using MBR, now it is a different error, so some progress at least. Thank you! Best, Dmitry.