Bryan Ferris writes: > Hello, > > I have recently (re-)installed Guix, and I am trying to package Jekyll so > that I can build my website on this system. I used `guix import gem` to get > started, and then repeated the process for a number of it's dependencies. > Now when I try to build it (with `guix package -f jekyll.scm`) I get the > following error: > > Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS > > To me, this sounds like I'm using too much RAM. However, I don't understand > how package definitions could cause that problem, unless the source code > was too big or something equally absurd. Here's my current package > definition: > I tried to reproduce this locally, but I couldn't build it due to missing dependencies. Can you attach a patch that applies cleanly to master, or a file that contains package definitions for all of the dependencies that are not yet packaged, or more detailed instructions? I haven't used any of the importers yet, so I'm not sure how to use it. Are you supposed to invoke "guix import gem foo" from a Guix checkout? Thank you, -- Chris