unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
To: Stephen Minton <sb.nipper001@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Wi-Fi connection during gui-based installation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:35:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Minton <sb.nipper001@gmail.com> skribis:

> I successfully put guix-system-install-1.0.1.x86_64-linux.iso on a mem stick and booted.
>
> GUI installer hung up on connecting to wifi network (successfully found interface and scanned, showing target wifi name) on message "connection in progress  Connecting to ... please wait.

Yeah, unfortunately we discovered this bug in the 1.1.0 image (it’s now
fixed: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/40682>).

If it’s an option for you, I’d suggest installing over Ethernet.

> I went to manual install, network wifi and successfully entered a wpa_supplicant.conf and connected (ping -c 3 gnu.org)
>
> I think the script's wpa_supplicant.conf is missing some parameter.  How do I specify that, or break out of the script to connect to the network manually and then return?

What does ‘wpa_supplicant.conf’ contains?

> Is there some other forum to ask this question?

This is the right forum.

Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for the bug!

Ludo’.