Hi t, t@fullmeta.me writes: > Do people do web-dev on Guix System? I need to dive back into the > whole Node.js NPM ecosystem - something I've not touched for some > years and I'm wondering how people go about e.g. installing NPM > packages on Guix. > So, how do people program for the Web, Node on Guix. Does =npm > install= which defaults to local installation work well enough for > most packages? An outline of what to expect and known problems and > workarounds would be very useful. I do webdev on Guix, but I work in a team where I’m currently the only Guix user, so my usage must work with changes we do. I used to have a setup that used the local guix-installed npm ( https://www.draketo.de/software/guix-work#npm ), but that often broke, so I switched to copying the node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js script from our build environment to ~/.local/bin/npm (which I have on my path) with #!/usr/bin/env node as hashbang. That now actually works pretty well, and it uses the node from Guix. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de