Sirgazil, Florian, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote: > On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 06:52:39AM -0500, sirgazil wrote: >> Florian, for some reason, the speakers worked today. I'm not >> sure if running alsamixer yesterday after your instructions had >> anything to do with it or booting without the headphones >> plugged. Those are the only different things (related to sound) >> that I've done before starting the machine today. GNOME even >> displays some information when I plug the headphones. It didn't >> do this before. >> > > On my father’s PC booting with or without audio 3.5mm plug > headphones > makes a difference. > > >> One thing I noticed when booting is an error that says >> something like this: >> >> Error: "pcspkr" is already registered, aborting. >> > > I see this too. > >> I wonder if that is related. Although the speakers worked >> anyways. This is the driver for the vestigial ‘PC speaker’ that mainly[0] beeps and is completely missing on some modern systems, it (rather misleadingly) has nothing to do with speakers as you intend to enjoy them. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://www.tobias.gr/monkeez.mp4