unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Channel authentication: missing keyring branch
@ 2020-07-11 10:46 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-07-11 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

I recently added authentication to a Guix channel.
On Guix pull, guix complained that the remote has no `keyring' branch.
Indeed, creating an orphan `keyring' branch with all the public keys
stored in it worked.

This does not seems to be documented in the manual.
Besides, is there a convenient way to create the keyring branch and
populate it with the public keys of all the committers so far?

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Channel authentication: missing keyring branch
@ 2020-07-24 16:26 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-07-24 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> skribis:

> I recently added authentication to a Guix channel.
> On Guix pull, guix complained that the remote has no `keyring' branch.
> Indeed, creating an orphan `keyring' branch with all the public keys
> stored in it worked.
>
> This does not seems to be documented in the manual.

Oops, it’ll show up soon at:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Channels.html#Specifying-Channel-Authorizations

> Besides, is there a convenient way to create the keyring branch and
> populate it with the public keys of all the committers so far?

No, but I guess you could take the output of ‘git shortlog -s --email’
and pass it to ‘gpg --export’ & co.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Channel authentication: missing keyring branch
@ 2020-07-24 16:51   ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-07-24 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: help-guix