zimoun writes: > On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 13:18, "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" wrote: > >> What I want is just to put the required substitute archives on a server >> for others to download. Ungoogled Chromium takes so long that only one >> person should ever have to build it (and I need it for work, so I can be >> that one person). > > Since “guix publish” does not fit your needs, this old draft [1] using > IPFS to distribute substitutes probably neither. But maybe your > use-case could be an interesting test for the patch set. :-) > > [1]: http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/33899 It looks really interesting, but I’m surprised at the amount of complexity that goes into that. I had thought that just putting files by key would be easier. So even with this I still haven’t seen anything to date that’s conceptually simpler than the Gnutella Download-Mesh for swarming downloads. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken