unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org>
To: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: guix system disk-image failure aarch64 -> armhf
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 11:11:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Andreas,

> The appearance of "efi" and "grub" is suspicious.
>
> I do have this in my config:
>   (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
>                (bootloader u-boot-novena-bootloader)
>                (target "/dev/mmcblk0")))
> So there is no trace of grub or efi in it. Does anyone know what is happening?

The default Guix System disk image is an x86 compatible disk-image with
an EFI partition so that it can be booted on UEFI compatible
systems. That's why you see occurrences of "grub" and "efi".

That does not really explain the error though, but that's another
issue. The pending patch here[1], will hopefully help users specify
their target image. It means that you should be able to write:

guix system disk-image -t novena config.scm

or,

guix system disk-image -t raw-image config.scm

Until then, running something like:

(use-modules (gnu)
             (gnu image)
             (gnu system image)
             (guix))

(define my-os
  (primitive-load "/home/mathieu/guix/gnu/system/examples/bare-bones.tmpl"))

(define my-image
  (image
   (format 'disk-image)
   (partitions (list root-partition))
   (operating-system my-os)))

(run-with-store (open-connection)
  (mlet* %store-monad
      ((drv     (lower-object (system-image my-image "armhf-linux")))
       (build   (built-derivations (list drv))))
    (return #t)))

should get you closer.

Thanks,

Mathieu