unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* viewport declaration in the manual
@ 2016-05-10 19:42 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2016-05-10 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I know this is marginal, but it bothers me

The Guix manual is not readable on mobile phones. It seems to me that the
viewport declaration is missing

The effect is that on a mobile phone you have to pinch and zoom and scroll
all over in order to read.

That is, it's substantially impossible to casually consult the manual on a
mobile phone.

Because I don't know the first thing about Texinfo, I don't know if this
can be accomodated by the Guix project (maybe the build phase could feed
Texinfo a revised html template) or of this requires the whole Texinfo
project to be patched.

* Re: viewport declaration in the manual
@ 2016-05-10 21:54 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2016-05-10 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:

> I know this is marginal, but it bothers me
>
> The Guix manual is not readable on mobile phones. It seems to me that the
> viewport declaration is missing
[...]
> Because I don't know the first thing about Texinfo, I don't know if this
> can be accomodated by the Guix project (maybe the build phase could feed
> Texinfo a revised html template) or of this requires the whole Texinfo
> project to be patched.

As far as I know we can freely choose a custom stylesheet.  Texinfo
produces only HTML and makes it use the specified stylesheet.

Could you please send a copy of this email to bug-guix@gnu.org, so that
we can keep track of this in the bug tracker?

Thank you!

~~ Ricardo

* Re: viewport declaration in the manual
@ 2016-05-14  7:55   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2016-05-14  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix