unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Libreboot + WDE + GuixSD: Need some advice
@ 2017-04-12  5:05 Stephen Sloan
From: Stephen Sloan @ 2017-04-12  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I am looking for some advice.

I'm am setting up a libreboot + whole disk encryption + guixsd laptop.
Libreboot has grub in the BIOS, which allows for encrypting the whole disk.

According to the libreboot docs, I can make the grub config available at
/boot/grub/libreboot_grub.cfg and the grub installed on the BIOS will load
and use that config file.  I've installed guixsd with --no-grub, I have
libreboot installed, and the disk encrypted, now I just need to make it
bootable!

I think I need to make the correct grub config file available at that
location whenever I reconfigure.  I can manage the coding, but I'd like
hints on the best way to go about this with guix.

There are some other options I've considered.  I could reflash my BIOS as
part of the reconfiguration process.  Or maybe I could chain-load two grub
installations, possibly with an unencrypted /boot.

What do people do when they don't have GuixSD manage their grub
configuration?

ref: https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/grub_cbfs.html,
      https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/encrypted_parabola.html

Thanks!