Björn, Dexter, Björn Höfling wrote: > I wonder how this gets into FSF directory when there is no way > to > bootstrap that on a free distro. It hasn't yet: ‘No revision has been approved for this page. View the most recent revision.’ I presume that'll be the first objection during review, if bootstrapping is at all a concern (and it should be). > Guix has the youtube-dl package, you can use that directly to > download > the videos and watch them offline. ‘mpv ’ will even call it for you behind the scenes, without the download wait. Actually the only way to still watch such videos on less performant machines. I also use [0] with uBlock Origin in Icecat to make YouTube itself almost usable, but none of these approaches address the privacy concerns that FreeTube claims to do. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://zge.us.to/files/anti-youtube.block​