I've sent a patch to make the descriptions more useful: https://issues.guix.info/issue/42262 > I follow you.  Some tools, like `atool`, make that responsibility clear in their documentation.  Unfortunately, GStreamer is not as clear.  That's an upstream issue. The problem is that, unlike atool, we have a level of indirection in the package that has optional dependencies. See, Epiphany, Nyxt, etc. depend on on WebKitGTK explicitly, and it is WebKitGTK that makes use of these optional packages. So when the user installs Epiphany or Nyxt, they won't see the WebKitGTK description which mentions these dependencies. A solution would be to mention the GStreamer plugins in the description of all WebKitGTK browsers, but this seems rather tedious. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/