* patch files
@ 2021-05-13  9:56 Roy Lemmon
From: Roy Lemmon @ 2021-05-13  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

What does the Patches part of the Guix Packages web page mean ? For
example, the cmake 3.19.2 shows Patches: snippet,
cmake-curl-certificates.patch

Does it mean that I have to build cmake.scm using that patch file or is
the package already built with it ?

Thanks
Roy

* Re: patch files
@ 2021-05-13 10:13 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-05-13 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roy Lemmon; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Roy,

> What does the Patches part of the Guix Packages web page mean ?
> For
> example, the cmake 3.19.2 shows Patches: snippet,
> cmake-curl-certificates.patch
>
> Does it mean that I have to build cmake.scm using that patch
> file or is
> the package already built with it ?

The package is automatically built with the mentioned
modifications to the source code.

--
Ricardo