Petr, phodina 写道: > Though the issue seems to come from the Archlinux Wiki[1] where > they supply wrong CONFIG options. Well… yes, it's a wiki. The Arch one in particular has a reputation to uphold. Still, it[1] doesn't suggest either of the problematic + ("CONFIG_ASHMEM" . m) + ("CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC" . m) values. These can't work: config ASHMEM bool "Enable the Anonymous Shared Memory Subsystem" config ANDROID_BINDER_IPC bool "Android Binder IPC Driver" So don't waste time hunting down dependencies which don't exist. The third-party modules[2] were never part of Linux and are by now well obsolete. From the same wiki: > CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_DEVICES="binder,hwbinder,vndbinder" > [lalala lala] > With your new kernel, you will need to append the following to > your > boot arguments: > binder.devices=binder,hwbinder,vndbinder,anbox-binder,\ > anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder Why does it first recommend a different value from what ‘you will need’ to boot with later? Merely because it's the Kconfig default? This does not fill me with confidence. Later(!) on, it suggests yet a third, seemingly preferred, option: > scripts/config --set-str CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_DEVICES "" > [because] > Not everybody was happy with the binder module in Linux. To > address > the issues, binderfs was created. One has to choose between the > old > and the new way when compiling the kernel. With the options > [above], > one will use binderfs instead. So… maybe that's the cool (and more secure) new thing and we should be using binderfs without any DEVICES instead? Is binderfs some kind of /dev/pts for them? Have you tested Waydroid without any? I'm picky because I want to suggest the following, which makes it important that at least one person understands these changes and that we get them right: Do we really need yet another kernel variant? Building nearly-identical kernels on CI is quite expensive, especially on ARM. Let's not add them lightly. Is this code so dubious — compared to the rest of CONFIG_STAGING, which we already enable — that it must be quarantined in a separate kernel? If so, why? Do these options make practical sense to enable on non-ARM kernels? Does Android run on them? Why was CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDERFS set to #f in your previous patch[0]? Typo? Evolved knowledge? I often forget to do so myself but still recommend adding a human-readable ‘v1 -> v2’ changelog (that won't be added to the git commit message) to explain such changes and catch any unintented ones. Kind regards, T G-R PS: Another nitpick, but as CONFIG_ANDROID ‘unlocks’ CONFIG_ASHMEM, please move the latter to the end of the list. [0]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51771#1 [1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Waydroid [2]: https://github.com/anbox/anbox-modules/issues/75