Trev skribis: > I am perhaps misunderstanding how sbcl-slime-swank is meant to be used. > I have installed it into my guix home environment. I have stumpwm > installed on my system. > > If I try to (asdf:load-system :swank) from the stumpwm eval repl, I get > a weird error that states "Don't know how to require SB-CLTL2". > > Weird! We must be failing to retrieve some dependency. > > I then went into Emacs and launched slime, and entered the following > into the REPL: > > (require 'asdf) > (asdf:load-system :swank) > > I get a bunch of tracebacks to a final message that seems to complain: > Read only filesystem. > > I guess something in swank is trying to byte compile into the store itself. > > My other sbcl-stumpwm modules load and work. > > Any suggestions? I can't reproduce the issue on my machine. There must be a difference in our setups. Are you on a Guix system, or on another distribution? Are you using the stumpwm from the system profile, or from your user profile (e.g. started by a ".xinitrc" file)? Is sbcl installed in your user profile or not? Do you have a ".sbclrc" file? If yes, what is in it? Do you have Common Lisp libraries coming from outside of Guix (e.g. Quicklisp)?