On 2021-09-08, Christine Lemmer-Webber wrote: > Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli writes: >> Here this I'MX8 issue also affect the Librem5 for instance, and >> probably several other devices as well. And the neat thing about the >> Librem 5 is that as I understand is that the modem and the WiFi cards >> are removable. > > I am guessing the Pinephone has a similar issue (or more) though I'm not > sure. The Pinephone doesn't have that specific issue, as it's a different CPU (Allwinner A64), the same used on the pine64+ and pinebook, which are supported in Guix's u-boot. I vaguely recall those boards having similar types of issues early on requiring some binary blobs, but it was fixed in u-boot upstream with a free implementation! > Pinephone doesn't have removeable cards, though it does have kill > switches, which is neat. I guess "removeable" is better if it also > means "replaceable" though. Yeah, one of the many features that pushed me over the edge in supporting the mnt/reform was all the swappable components; if reverse-engineering does not happen for one of the few components that isn't already free, the component liklely can be swapped out for one with a free implementation. And the inherent upgradability in designing something with swappable components... live well, vagrant