unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* ffmpeg possibly missing compile option?
@ 2021-12-10 14:24 Alexander Asteroth
From: Alexander Asteroth @ 2021-12-10 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear all,

I'm trying to use vlc and ffmpeg on guix to cut mp4 files. When trying
to play the mp4 files using vlc I encounter errors like:

> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In [0] it is suggested that missing compile options are the reason for
these kind of errors might be missing compile flags (--enable...) which
are in fact not enabled in the package specification of ffmpeg.

On te ofther hand I tried to install vdpauinfo and it returns:

> $ vdpauinfo
> display: :0   screen: 0
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Error creating VDPAU device: 1

So it might be caused by missing libraries for my graphicscard.

Any idea? Someone?

Cheers,

	Alex

----

[0] https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=517583

* Re: ffmpeg possibly missing compile option?
@ 2021-12-11 14:03 ` Alexander Asteroth
From: Alexander Asteroth @ 2021-12-11 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix