The issue of nextcloud is a known issue in version 3.2 and seems to be resolved in 3.3. A workaround (removing cache, etc.) can be found here https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/119029 https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/121594 The more general questions below might still be interesting. Cheers, Alex On Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:29:09, Γυψ wrote: > Dear all, > > I currently have an issue with nextcloud-client segfaulting in the > current guix environment. Until this is fixed an option were to switch > to the old generation where it still worked, start it and switch back to > the current generation. Is there an option to run a program in a > specific generation without completely switching to it? I didn't found > any so far. I know that's a real hack but at least that way I could > have my files synchronized without too much effort until the bug is > fixed. > > Another question I have is: can I install version 3.1.3 of > nextcloud-client in the current environment (without switching back to > some old commit)? When I try to do so, I get > >> guix install: error: nextcloud-client: package not found for version 3.1.3 > > because version 3.1.3 was replaced by 3.2.0. > > Cheers (and a happy new year!) > > Alex