unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
To: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>, help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Modular texlive and xelatex
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:54:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,
On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 at 16:42, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am considering moving from the monolithic texlive distribution
> (which is not easy to update with an essentially full hard drive...)
> to the modular one, but do not find
>    share/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xunicode/xunicode.sty
>
> Does anyone know if this exists in some package?

From the manual [1], I get:

$ guix shell -C texlive-base sed coreutils grep -- tlmgr info xunicode
package:     xunicode
category:    Package
shortdesc:   Generate Unicode characters from accented glyphs
longdesc:    The package supports XeTeX's (and other putative future similar engines') need for Unicode characters, in a similar way to what the fontenc does for 8-bit (and the like) fonts: convert accent-glyph sequence to a single Unicode character for output. The package also covers glyphs specified by packages (such as tipa) which define many commands for single text glyphs.
installed:   Yes
revision:    30466
sizes:       doc: 5k, run: 205k
relocatable: No
cat-version: 0.981
cat-license: lppl1.3
cat-topics:  preprocessor unicode
cat-related: euenc
collection:  collection-latexrecommended

so I guess this .sty is included by default.  Is it not the case?

1: <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Using-TeX-and-LaTeX>

> Do we have a way of looking up which package contains a given file,
> if at all (with cuirass or the data service)?

Yeah, it is a request for a long time.  But nothing I am aware of.

Cheers,
simon