Please share your attempts! :) The manual is not the best place to look for examples. Instead, you'd be best off looking at similar package declarations among the distribution's official packages. `guix` even provides a shortcut for this, for instance: $ guix edit xfce4-battery-plugin Off-topic: I'm an mu4e user and for the past few e-mails Jone has sent, they were all time-stamped from about 2 hours ahead in the future. At UTC+1, I'm writing this at 17:27 while Jone's e-mail is timestamped at 19:34. Jone, would you have any clue why that is? Anyone? -- Pierre Neidhardt