unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Alexander Asteroth <alexander.asteroth@h-brs.de>
To: "André A. Gomes" <andremegafone@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Best base system for Guix
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 18:48:37 +0100	[thread overview]

Ok, you all convinced me to give Guix a third try (yes I already gave up
twice). Today I installed guix on a seperate partition aside the
Debian-11 install on the same HD. Everything went fine but for the
bootloader. I thought maybe it's best to not install it and let
os-prober on the Debian side discover the Guix system (which I mounted
on /mnt). Unfortunately it seems not to recognize the Guix-Install
(maybe because the kernel-image is hidden deep in the store?). Vice
versa I could add the Debian partition to the Guix config but if
something goes wrong ... ?

Any advice? I'd really like to switch to guix (particularly because I've
programmed a lot in guile in the late 90s and like the idea to configure
my system in scheme :-)

Bests,
Alex