Roy Lemmon writes: > Hi All, > > I have followed the instructions in that link and successfully installed > the build users and guix daemon on my nixos system. As root, I can run > > guix package -i hello > > and the hello package is installed and I can run it. > > However I am having trouble setting up the environment for running guix as > a user (I am on my laptop, so there is only one user). guix is of course > not recognised as a command when I am the user. I can run it as > /usr/local/bin/guix so that is ok and I could put that in my PATH. But is > that all I need to do ? I am not sure where the guix packages are installed > as a user rather than root. I haven't read the linked blog post, but I think the next step is to use the Guix in /usr/local/bin to run 'guix pull' as your user. That will install the latest version of Guix in ~/.config/guix/current. Afterwards, make sure ~/.config/guix/current/bin comes first in PATH, then you should be able to use Guix normally.