dian_cecht@zoho.com writes: > Hello, > > I have tried several times to get X.org (/bin/X, specifically) > setuid for obvious reasons. However, I can't find any examples of usage > and attempting to follow the infopages has led to a bunch of different > errors and failures (and rather useless error messages). I currently > don't have any useful logs of what I tried and the output (it was on a > LiveUSB I'm using for testing purposes), but I'm not wanting to use > %desktop-services (or other service packs, for that matter), which has > already been suggested. > > Can someone either A) improve the documents for setuid programs (and > gexps) with some practical examples, or B) provide me with a (hopefully > working) snippet to add to the config? Setuid programs are documented here: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Setuid-Programs Following the "passwd" example, making "X" setuid root would be declared like this: (operating-system [...] (setuid-programs (cons #~(string-append #$xorg-server "/bin/X") %setuid-programs)) It's not clear to me how to improve this since it's very similar to how other defaults are overridden. Any suggestions? TIA!