Chris Marusich writes: > If you or the > author of inxi are willing to learn more about this, I hope you did not think I was on the inxi's maintainer's side! :p I understand and agree with all your points. >> If anyone wants to chime in and try to convince the maintainer... > > Since you're the inxi user, I'll leave that to you. I hope I've helped > by giving enough information to clarify why GuixSD departs from the FHS, > and why inxi ought to let its users tell it where its dependencies live. Considering the maintainer's latest comments, I don't think he/she is open to discussion. It's too bad because I do not know any good alternative to inxi. Maybe it's time to solve this conky/i3status/inxi mess and roll out a Lisp-programmable/extensible monitor/reporter. What do you people think? >> Otherwise we will have to go ahead and patch inxi. > > That is always an option. We do it all the time, so it's nothing new. I'll go ahead then. -- Pierre Neidhardt Nonsense. Space is blue and birds fly through it. -- Heisenberg