unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL
@ 2019-06-26 11:55 Jens Mølgaard
From: Jens Mølgaard @ 2019-06-26 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Hello Guix,

I've been trying to package the nextcloud-client for a while and am
stuck at a weird issue.

Since it is a fork of owncloud-client, I have just adapted the package
definition. With the addition of a patch from Parabola to strip out the
need for qtwebengine, I've gotten it to build.

However, it immediately segfaults on launch. Running it in gdb I see the
following:
> ssl3_cleanup_key_block () from
>/gnu/store/m9ngbfyi8wrwiwyr7dkfnhn5fyfalq3r-openssl-1.0.2p/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

And running 'nextcloud --version' gets me:
> Using 'OpenSSL 1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018'

But it is supposed to have been built with openssl-next, i.e. version
1.1.1c, and it requires 1.1.x at least. Adding openssl-next to
native-inputs vs inputs does not make a difference. Turns out this is
also the case for the existing owncloud-client package, which even
though it depends on openssl-next also returns 'Using OpenSSL 1.0.2p'.

So I'm stumped. Where is it getting this version of OpenSSL from? The
build environment has the right version. It's not explicitly installed
in any profile. Is it propagated from somewhere? Is there something
obvious I'm missing?

Or any idea what to try?

Thanks,
Jens M

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL
@ 2019-06-27 11:08 ` Jens Mølgaard
From: Jens Mølgaard @ 2019-06-27 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Oops, and I forgot to include the link to the package definition:
https://paste.debian.net/1089305/

Disregard the excess use-module bits. ;-)

@ 2019-06-27 12:24 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-06-27 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Mølgaard; +Cc: help-guix

Jens Mølgaard <jens@zete.tk> writes:

> So I'm stumped. Where is it getting this version of OpenSSL from? The
> build environment has the right version. It's not explicitly installed
> in any profile. Is it propagated from somewhere? Is there something
> obvious I'm missing?

It might be used by some other dependency.  Have you tried to located
the different openssl variants in the output of “guix graph”?

--
Ricardo

* Re: Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL
@ 2019-06-28 11:06   ` Jens Mølgaard
From: Jens Mølgaard @ 2019-06-28 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Ricardo,

> It might be used by some other dependency.  Have you tried to located
> the different openssl variants in the output of “guix graph”?

Thanks, I forgot about graph! I can see openssl@1.0.2p seems to be a
dependency of 7 packages in the graph of owncloud-client, and 10
packages for nextcloud-client.

They are: python, python2, python-minimal, python-pyopenssl,
python-cryptography, qtbase, ruby, mariadb, postgresql, w3m

Candidates I can see:

- qtbase: But I would expect the website to mention if qtbase needs
built with OpenSSL 1.1.x

- mariadb: Propagates openssl for some reason, but is not a direct
  dependency.

Is there any way to explore this without changing the openssl version
for each of those packages in turn?

Thanks,
Jens M