unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Issue configuring upower and elogind on Guix System
@ 2021-04-12 20:38 Reily Siegel
From: Reily Siegel @ 2021-04-12 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, Im having a bit of trouble configuring elogind and upower
on my
laptop that is running guix system. The system reconfigures fine,
but it
doesnt seem like the configuration takes effect with regard to
idle time
(from elogind) and auto power off (from upower). The issue
persists
after multiple reboots.My configuration is available here:
https://pastebin.com/rLkYj1tN. Is there anything obvious I am
missing?

Thank you in advance,
Reily Siegel

* Re: Issue configuring upower and elogind on Guix System
@ 2021-04-14 18:41 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2021-04-14 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reily Siegel; +Cc: help-guix

Reily Siegel <mail@reilysiegel.com> writes:

> Hello, Im having a bit of trouble configuring elogind and upower on my
> laptop that is running guix system. The system reconfigures fine, but
> it
> doesnt seem like the configuration takes effect with regard to idle
> time
> (from elogind) and auto power off (from upower). The issue persists
> after multiple reboots.My configuration is available here:
> https://pastebin.com/rLkYj1tN. Is there anything obvious I am missing?

Hmmm.  Are using using %desktop-services?  Or are you manually
specifiying only the services you need?  I know that I tried to use only
the specific services that I wanted, and that failed...

I have an easier time just providing a custom %my-desktop-services like
this:

(define %my-desktop-services
  (modify-services
      (remove (lambda (service)
                (member (service-kind service)
                        (list
                         avahi-service-type
                         bluetooth-service
                         gdm-service-type
                         geoclue-service
                         ;; I customize my pulseaudio-service down below,
                         ;; so I need to remove it here.
                         pulseaudio-service-type
                         )))
              %desktop-services) ;;end of remove services
    (guix-service-type
     config =>
     (guix-configuration
      (inherit config)
      (max-silent-time %15-minutes)
      (extra-options '("--max-jobs=2"))
      ))
    (network-manager-service-type
     config =>
     (network-manager-configuration
      (inherit config)
      ;;(dns "none") ;;DO NOT update resolve.conf
      (vpn-plugins (list network-manager-openvpn))
      ))
    (mingetty-service-type config =>
                           (mingetty-configuration
                            (inherit config)